Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Project 2; Skeleton Mermaid-Octopus

I chose to do this project not only because it went with my skeleton theme, but because I love mermaids! One might forget that is is a mermaid because of the octopus head, but it is. I think the octopus head makes it unique. I originally didn't plan on having the octopus head, but as I started drawing it just came to me. I painted the background first. It was originally just a tan color, but I decided to add texture with different colors to make it look like sand. The skeleton tail was the hardest thing to paint. I had to make really little and straight paint strokes. Once I decided not to paint a face on the octopus, I thought adding glitter would make it pop. I'm really happy with the way this project turned out. It is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment